Squashlands Fitness Centre Liverpool Pty Ltd (ABN 67 066 438 766 ) and Squashlands Gym & Fitness, (“Squashlands Online” or “Squashlands” or “Squashies” or “we” or “us” or “our”) respect your privacy and we are committed to the protection of personal information. Squashlands is bound by the Privacy ACT 1988 (Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
We collect personal information so that we can provide you with our services and products and to manage our activities. We only collect personal information that is relevant and where necessary.
The type of personal information we collect will depend upon the reason for its collection. Generally, for the provision of health and fitness services this may include address and contact details, date of birth. If you are interesting in our services and products, the type of information we collect will include financial details.
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways including:
- Directly from you, such as when you:from other health professionals;from organisations which we might be working together with when providing you with services or products;
- Contact us about our services or products;
- fill in a membership application form;
- subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists;
- enter your personal details on our website (e.g. during registration or application for a membership)
- provide information by phone or in documents sent by fax or email;
- enter promotions, competitions or giveaways; or
- make a payment or donation to us;
- from your representatives including guardians, trustees, executors and attorneys;
- from publicly available sources of information
- from credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies and credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing;
- from our own records of your dealings with us; or
- when legally required to do so
Where reasonable and practical, we collect personal information directly from you rather than a third party. In an emergency, we may need to collect information from a family member, friend, carer or other person.
When we collect personal information, we collect it in a way that is lawful, fair and not intrusive.
We do not collect sensitive information about you without your consent.
USE & DISCLOSURE
Except as provided for in the case of our Direct Debit Service provider below, personal information which we have collected for a particular purpose will not be used for any other purpose, unless the purpose is related to the main purpose for which we collected the information and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that other purpose.
Personal information which we collect may be used by us:
- to identify you;
- in providing services or products to you and the administration and management of those services and products;
- to provide you with information about our services and products;
- to develop and improve our services to you;
- in undertaking risk assessment and management; or
- in gathering data and disclosing data to third parties such as;
- insurance brokers and insurers;
- credit reporting agencies
- financial institutions including our own bankers
- our professional advisors (including our accountants, auditors and lawyers);
- service providers; and
- industry groups having a legitimate reason to receive such information, as necessary from time to time for our organisation’s functions.
If you provide us with personally identifiable information, you may receive from time to time, telephone calls, emails or letters containing information about us. You agree to receiving emails and letters from us including information not only on the areas of interest you have indicated but all types of news and information on our services and products. If you do not want to receive them, please contact us. You may be asked to indicate your preference to receiving promotional material, when submitting information to us..
We may employ other companies or individuals to assist us in providing our services, or to provide certain services such as analysing customer lists, providing marketing assistance, collections assistance or consulting services. These third parties may have access to information needed to perform their function but, except in the case of the Direct Debit Service Provider as referred to above, cannot use that information for other purposes.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
We use analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of our website and to allow us to modify it to better suit your needs. It contains no personally identifiable information.
We co-operate with law enforcement agencies as required by law. We will will also use or disclose personal information if we reasonably believe that it is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious or imminent threat to the life or health of a person.
All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that all information is treated confidentially, kept secure and protected against unauthorised use, modification or disclosure and is maintained only for the purpose for which it is intended. We use secure data communications technology. You have the rights given by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended.
Where possible, we give you the opportunity to deal with us anonymously. We may not however be able to provide you with our full range of services and products if you do not provide us with personal information.
All reasonable steps are taken to correct the information we hold where that information is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You must ensure that your information is kept up-to-date.
You have the right to access your personal information to ensure that it is accurate, relevant, up-to-date and complete. if you believe that any of your personal information is incorrect, please let us know. There is no fee for requesting access to your information, however, we may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request.
We may decline access to your personal information in special circumstances, such as where allowing you access could put you or another person at risk of harm, infringes on the privacy of another person or if we believe that your request for access is unlawful, frivolous or vexatious.
Cookies that are used in any part of our website will only be used to collect non-personally identifiable information and will only be used for internal management purposes.
Our website may from time to time contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. if you access linked sites, you do so at your own risk. We do not operate or control these third party sites and we are not responsible for their contents, operation, privacy, accuracy or security policies. This Policy does not cover and linked sites.
If any personal information you have submitted to us changed, please update that information by contacting us.